Sunday, October 28, 2007

Snack's Pick of the Week...

So who will be Snack's first Pick of the Week?

I like our Steelers against the Bengals giving them 3-4 points depending on who you ask, however I never like to bet with or against them so for now we'll leave them out of this discussion.

I also like the Giants giving 10 to the Dolphins. With Brandon Jacobs running well and what seems to be a new-and-improved Eli Manning, they should run all over Joey Porter and his cumps in London. But with all the travel and time changes and whatknot I don't feel comfortable making this the POTW.

And now, with the first pick in the 2007 Big Snack POTW contest, Snack takes....

The JACKSONVILLE JAGS...

They're playing the surprising Tampa Bay Bucs, who are rallying behind the Hugh Hefner of the NFL, Jeff Garcia...and the Bucs are actually favored by four in this game. I feel with the complete lack of a running game in Tampa, that big, physical D of the Jags will be able to pin their ears back and slam that old man around...The Jags O, while no juggernaut themselves, can be very efficient against a defense whose best days may be behind it. I not only think they Jags will beat the spread, I think they will wint the game, we'll say something like 21-17. I doubt it will be a high scoring affair with two stingy D's, but the over-under is a very, very low 32 points. I'd bet over too, seeing as it's rare to get games scoring less then 32, but this could very well be a 13-7 type game...We'll see how I fare tomorrow afternoon....

PS: Let's not forget that Snack is a crappy gambler, so unless his advice happens to reinforce an earlier belief about a game, PNA recommends you stay as far away from his bets as possible.